Tuesday 19 August 2008

Basil ahoy!

In the spirit of all things organic and thrifty I thought I would share my little home-NURTURED basil plant.



I bought this plant almost a month ago in Morrisons for £0.69 and have been adding the fresh and fragrant leaves to pizzas, salads and sandwiches ever since. Yes, I realise it is still in the little black plastic shop pot but, to be honest, I didn't expect it to last this long!!!

I have certainly missed the boat in setting up my organic veg patch this year - given we no longer have any semblance of summer but just rain, rain, rain - however I am all fired up to use home grown veg from next spring. Just take a look at the great idea for a raised vegetable box on the July 14 entry on gardenrooms for some greener than green inspiration.

Nice to grow things, save money and eat healthily all in one swoop - especially if you are squirming about the ever increasing chunk of cash required to satisfy the food bill each month.

No comments: