Wednesday 27 August 2008

Reconstruction

Today I have gone all Vivienne Westwood circa the 1970s and spent the last couple of hours totally ripping apart a baby snowsuit to make a cute toddler waistcoat.

SGC is all about recreation and reclamation. And it's fun to think of new uses for old things.

I just need to get the sewing machine out and trim the edges to make it work.....so the project won't be completed tonight!!

I have also put aside an old baby dress with plans to cut out animals shapes to applique onto toddler t-shirts a la Boden - see boden.co.uk.

I plan to continue the trend with my own wardrobe - I have so many clothes so this season it's going to be all about refreshing things I already own and NOT buying more.

Which reminds me, two of my favourite websites often have ideas to recreate the new from the old: see marthastewart.com and realsimple.com for more inspiration.

Happy reincarnations!

No comments: